It’s that time of year again, winter is just around the corner, it’s time to turn off the air conditioning and concentrate on heating your home. Perhaps your furnace was acting strange last spring and you failed to address the problem then, perhaps all you need is a general service to ensure it is working a full efficiency. Either way, you will need to look for heating contractors in Chicago that have the skills to do the work and an impeccable reputation. How do you find this company?
* Research: There may be specific license and insurance demands in your area, check first with the building department to see if this is the case and if so, what is needed. Prior to beginning your search, know the manufacturer and model number of your furnace and gather any historic documents from past maintenance or repair.
* Referrals: Everyone you know will have a furnace in their home; chances are good that your work mate, neighbor or a member of your family has had reason to use heating contractors in Chicago in the past. Find out what company they used and more importantly, find out if they were satisfied with the company’s performance.
* References: Once you have a short list of three or four companies, get references from them and by all means, follow through with a call. Ask their opinions on the performance of the contractor; find out if the job was completed on time and within the initial budget.
* Special offers: If you are going to replace rather than repair your heating system there are a couple of things you can do. For the long term, look for equipment which is Energy Star rated, in the short term look for heating contractors in Chicago that offer rebates when they supply and install Energy Star rated equipment.
* On-site evaluation: The heating system in your home is complex. When you need annual maintenance, especially if you are considering entering into a service contract you should insist on an inspection of your system first. The cost of maintenance and repairs is based on the size of the current equipment, the size of your home, the level of insulation and the condition and number of doors and windows.
Once you have gone through this process and asked all the heating contractors in Chicago that you have met to provide a proposal, get it in writing. Compare not only the cost but pay attention to what you heard from references and the warranty the company offers. Go to their site for more information
Heatmasters are heating contractors in Chicago that have been serving the area since 1950. The company prides itself in the service it offers along with high quality workmanship and honest pricing.